Frequently Asked Questions

I just submitted my DOT & MC (operating authority) application. What’s next?

The FMCSA requires two filings before they will grant your operating authority. BOC-3 Filing (must be submitted by a registered blanket agent service provider and Insurance must be on file with the FMCSA (must be submitted by your insurance provider

What is a BOC-3?

A BOC-3 (Blanket of Coverage) is a filing with the FMCSA that designates your company a process agent in every state of the U.S. and D.C. These agents are in place to accept service of process on your behalf. Any service of process our agents accept on your behalf is then forwarded to you. The FMCSA requires this filing be done by a blanket agent service provider before they will grant your operating authority (MC# or FF#).

What is service of process?

Service of process is a procedure in which one party to a lawsuit gives notice of initial legal action to another party. Notice is provided by delivering a set of court documents called "process" to the person to be served.

Can I file my own BOC-3?

No. The FMCSA requires that BOC-3 filings be done by a registered BOC-3 blanket agent provider.

How much is a BOC-3?

We charge $99.99 for our BOC-3 blanket agent service. This service renews annually.

What is Unified Carrier Registration (UCR)?

UCR is an agreement established by federal law that requires motor carriers and businesses involved in interstate commerce (brokers and freight forwarders) to submit annual fees based on fleet size to supplement funding for state highway motor carrier registration and safety programs.

Do I need UCR?

Brokers and freight forwarders involved in interstate commerce are required to file UCR. Motor carriers who have vehicle(s) that meet any one of the below descriptions, are required to file UCR to be complaint. Has a gross vehicle weight of 10,001 pounds or more Is designed to transport 11 or more passengers, including the driver Is used in transporting hazardous materials in a quantity that requires placarding New motor carrier and interstate commerce companies (brokers and freight forwarders) are required to register for UCR prior to the start of operations. Existing companies are required to renew UCR registration annually, starting in October and due by December 31st. FILE UCR HERE - Unified Carrier Registration || UCR 2023|| Truckers Fuel Tax and More

What is an MCS-150/ Biennial Update?

A MCS-150 update is performed when there are changes to your company information that need to be updated on your DOT account (name change, address change, change in number of vehicles and/or drivers, change in materials being hauled). A “Biennial Update” is the required filing of form MCS-150 every two years by every company with a DOT# even if there has been no changes to your company. Deadline for Biennial Update: If the next-to-last digit of your USDOT Number is odd, you will file your biennial update every odd-numbered calendar year. If the next-to-last digit of the USDOT Number is even, you will file your update in every even-numbered calendar year. You must file your update by the end of the month, based on the last digit of your USDOT number. DOT numbers ending in 1 must file by the end of Jan. Dot numbers ending in 2 must file by the end of Feb and onward through Dot numbers ending in 9 must file by the end of Sept. Dot numbers ending in 0 must file by the end of Oct. Example: DOT# 123456 would be due for a biennial update by the last day of June every odd-numbered year.